Tomorrow the countdown to Christmas starts! I celebrated early this morning by doing a Christmas inspired WOD I found at Kill Fat Me: 12 days of Christmas…
100 double unders for time: 3:25.
Felt more solid in the second half than I did this Monday, but still flagging. Unbelievably tiring.
Planned to do heavy squat cleans. Did a few warmup sets on 45kg and 55kg, then I suddenly lost my will to live… It just felt so heavy! Spark went completely AWOL. Stripped the bar and went for the WOD instead, which was a good thing considering the time it took to complete…
Promised myself to look for my spark and found it at the 9th round! The lazy bastard was hiding behind my lizard brain all along.
This WOD is like the song. You first do 1 Wall Ball. Then you do 2 Tuck Jumps, 1 Wall Ball. Then you do 3 Push Press, 2 Tuck Jumps, 1 Wall Ball… Until done.
12 days of Christmas, for time:
12 Turkish get ups (7kg dumbbell)
11 Toes 2 bar
10 Double unders
9 Sit ups
8 Push ups
7 Goblet squats (16kg kettlebell)
6 KB swings (16kg)
4 Pull ups
3 Push presses (25kg)
2 Tuck jumps
1 Wall ball
Frak. Me. That was tiring. Total time: 41:59!
I did go easy on the weights, especially on the push press, but hey.
Things that worked well:
- Pull ups - not a problem doing those 4s throughout.
- KB swings - I really feel good doing these now. Technique massively improved.
- Push ups - raced through them.
- Double unders - all rounds unbroken, no stumbling!
- Toes 2 bar - all (both…) rounds unbroken.
Not so well:
- Wall ball - worked well, but I almost caved the ceiling in as that ball was so light! Control!
- Burpees - kill me.
- Turkish get ups - started on 14kg, couldn’t do it! Piss poor performance.
Very happy with myself that I finished. It can only get faster from here.